Coconut & Jaggery Vegan Cake
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup all purpose flour
1 cup jaggery powder
1 cup hot water
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut (desiccated)
1 teaspoon soda
1 tbsp clove powder
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp cardamom powder
Äµ tsp nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Butter, dust one 7×3 inch loaf tin and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Mix clove powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder together in a bowl to make a mixed spiced powder
- Combine hot water, jaggery and sugar in a large bowl. Let the mixture cool. Add oil and vanilla essence.
- Whisk together flours, soda and spice mix.
- Add flour mix to wet mix till well incorporated. Fold in dessicated coconut. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Stand for 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack.
- Let it cool completely cool and serve