There are hardly any Vegan Indian sweets to speak of, or to taste. While many Indians are vegan, gluten, dairy products, and sugar are pretty much the main ingredients to all our sweets. So what’s a vegan to do on Diwali?
First, remember, history’s got your back. There are a few gluten-free Indian sweets you can gorge on.
Boondi Laddoo are made made entirely with gram flour or besan entirely, plus who doesn’t love this classic, right? Similarly, Coconut Barfi or Laddoo with its grated coconut base makes it fully gluten-free!There are also other usual suspects such as Besan Laddoo, which is made with gram flour, and Til Laddo, which is made with sesame.
But, these ain’t no Jalebi, I know. You could try and fry yours in a vegan-friendly oil… but I can’t guarantee that how that’ll turn out.
Instead, why not try my Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake instead?
You know what they say? If you can’t join the treat time, beat them with your own-made deliciousness!
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup Jowar flour,
- 1/2 cup Ragi flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius, grease a round baking pan and keep aside.
- Sieve together the flours,baking powder, cocoa and keep aside.
- Whisk together the applesauce,oil and sugar, beat together until the sugar gets dissolves.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet one. Dont over beat.
- Bake for 30 minutes till the toothpick comes clean at the center.
Article Link :