Chanced upon this place in the heart of Bangalore and what a serene place it was , with a sense of purpose. A plant nursery by the Association of People with Disabilities, and the memory I will have imprinted on my mind is of a young boy without legs, expertly guiding us through the rows of plants to help us choose what we were looking for. I did not want to embarrass him by taking a picture and so I strongly urge you to visit the place to meet him, and realize how knowledgeable he is.
Truly the mind is so much more powerful than the body will ever be.
And the icing on the cake was to see my son loving plant our plants into the pots 🙂
What more could one ask for , to brighten up a weekend ? There is one more thing that could brighten it up a wee bit more 🙂 These yum and healthy fudge squares.
Baked Jowar – Oats Dark Chocolate Fudge Squares
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into cubes (I used Bournville, 50% Cocoa)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 125 gms butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour mix ( half jowar, half powdered oats)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-Heat the oven to 160 C. Prepare a square tin or square sectional baking pan, since this is a traybake.
- Melt the chocolate, coconut sugar and butter in a pan. Keep stirring with the whisk and then when its well mixed, remove it from the heat. Allow it to cool off.
- Beat in the eggs, flour mix and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mix into the tin and bake for 25 mins or so.
- Cool in the tin and then cut into squares.