Everyone tells you that time flies with children. No one tells you how fast it flies.
Everyone tells you how you will miss these growing up years once they grow up. No one tells you that it isn’t about once they grow up – even as they grow up to turn 6 years old , you miss them as babies who fitted into your arms. And you wish always fit into your lap.
The little boy who teaches me new things about me as much as I discover new things in him each day. The little boy who makes me believe that compassion will always be a quality to live by. And that being equally at home when baking a cake or wielding a whisk , as when trying to help with animal rescue is what sets him apart.
Happy 6th Birthday to my baby boy. I wish for him to be the way he is, always , but also be ready to change for the better whenever the need arises.
This is the texture of the cake I made but a work in progress picture.
Shaped like a six , it is a No-refined flour Whole-wheat Chocolate Sponge Cake with a dairy-free icing. No colours or preservatives. No butter. No crazy levels of soaking in sugar syrup to keep it soft.
- 1 3/4 cups of wholewheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups of cane sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk / milk to which 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar is added and kept aside for 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup flavourless oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder.
- Beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract into the above sifted mixture slowly. Finally add the boiling water.
- Pour batter into baking tin.
- Bake at the same temperature for 35-40 minutes or until done.