Last Sunday was a good day. I started it with a video-call with 3 of my closest school friends. We are spread across the US – East and West Coast, India and Australia. So mapping the time so it works for everyone sounds like a challenge. But it wasn’t. Because no matter what time of the day or night it would have been I would have been on that call. All of us have been busy with our jobs or small kids and haven’t had a chance to speak to each other, together. This situation while on one hand has increased our workload has also in a strange way taught us to make time – for those who mean the world to us.
I know I will remember 2020 for this. This discovery of how to do that tight rope walk with truckloads of work and yet seize the moment 🙂 Like these mini bundt cakes- very spur of the moment. No plans to bake them. But I had a window of time. And I had almond milk that I wanted to finish. Here it is.
Simple Wholewheat Flour muffins with orange peel powder. Add a wee bit of cranberries just for texture.
Sweetener used – Coconut Sugar.
Recipe – Vegan Wholewheat Muffins with orange peel powder
1 cup wholewheat flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup flavourless cold-pressed sunflower oil
1 tsp orange peel powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup almond milk
1-2 tbsp of dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Grease the baking pan and keep it ready.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, 5-6 times at least.
- Add the orange peel powder to the sifted mix.
- Beat the coconut sugar, oil and almond milk together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and whisk until they are mixed well.
- Add dried cranberries and stir them in.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake until done, which is around 20 minutes, at 165 degrees C.