Our Low Carb Chocolate Cake sweetened with Stevia and topped with unsweetened cream and fresh strawberries. Apologies for that small piece which has already been eaten by my son before my husband could cut the cake since it’s his birthday yesterday.
This is the first cake that my daughter will have after her diagnosis 3 months ago – and I am thankful for my healthy baking knowledge that allows me to create something that all of us can enjoy together on special occasions.
Flours – almond and coconut flours
Sweetener – Stevia ( from Pluckone). This is the one I used. You can use any based on your preference.
75 grams almond flour
25 grams coconut flour
15 Microspoons of stevia powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 free range eggs
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp flavourless canola oil
- Mix the two flours and baking powder together. Whisk well.
- Add the stevia powder and the cocoa powder, and whisk nicely.
- Add the eggs and beat lightly for 10-12 seconds.
- Add the almond milk and oil and continue to whisk.
- Prepare a baking tin – grease and dust.
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees C for 10 minutes
- Pour in the tin and bake it for 20 minutes at the same temperature.
- Take out once baked and allow it to cool completely before cutting.
We used a very simple topping – unsweetened cream that was whisked to fluff it up a bit and fresh strawberries.
Remember to tag me on @sim_ovenderful on Instagram or Ovenderful on Facebook if you do bake this to share how you liked it!