A lazy Saturday afternoon, I sat in front of the laptop screen,
To work on somethings, without any distraction.
But my eyes flitted from the screen, to the tree outside the window,
And back to the screen, for some action.
That’s the story of my life The mind is in a thousand places at the same time. It wants to read what’s written on the screen but it also wants to keep watching the tree outside.
Anyhow, once I pushed myself to get rid of that mental tug-of-war, I finally tried the recipe I really was hoping would work out well. These mini buns. I wish I had tried them sooner, but I like to do my trials only once I am sure of the recipe I have developed to some extent – that it will lead to minimal or no wastage.
And bingo it was today!
Flours – Almond, coconut, flaxseed.
No sweetener ( didn’t use yeast so didn’t need to activate either!)
Recipe – Low Carb Almond Mini Buns
75 gms almonds ground into flour , not too fine
15 gms psyllium husk
20 gms coconut flour
30 gms flaxseeds meal
1 full egg
1 tsp oil, flavourless
1/2 tsp each – Garlic powder, onion powder, Himalayan pink salt, dried thyme
1/2-3/4 cup hot water
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Mix the almond and coconut flours, and the flaxseeds meal well.
- Add the husk, baking powder and herbs as well as salt and whisk well.
- Add the egg, oil and hot water slowly and use the electric beater to bring it together.
- The dough will be firm and slightly sticky but you can easily shape it using your hands.
- Shape them and place on a baking tray.
- Apply melted butter on top and press seeds of your choice
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 190 degrees C.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until done.
- Can be eaten warm or at room temperature too.