As always conversations that cover a crucial topic but involve a fun interaction are my favourite ones. So as Nupur and I spoke about the importance of Early Childhood Education, Learning , Nutrition and their inter connectivity, it was great to be able to share what I felt had worked or was working for me.
See the entire conversation here.
I also urge you to support the work that LECIN – Let’s Educate Children In Need does in Early Childhood Education of children from low income communities, so that they don’t miss out on developing qualities that can help them through their entire life.
If you liked our session and found it valuable please do contribute towards their work and also spread the word. Contribution link https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-lecin-1
Meanwhile try out this easy and healthy recipe to make a crispy snack for children to munch on, instead of those additive-laden chips that come in a pack.
Recipe – Low Carb Gluten Free Almond Mint Ribbons
The kids had pretty much made a meal out of it! Not complaining since it’s full of nutrients from almond and flaxseeds flour. I try to have low carb snacks and desserts for all of us. So this snack here too is low carb and gluten free.
Flours – almond, coconut and flaxseeds flour
Sweetener – None
35 gms coconut flour
15 gms flaxseeds roughly ground into flour
50 gms almonds ground into meal
Paprika, garlic powder, Himalayan pink salt – as per preference
1 tbsp olive oil
1 egg ( for a vegan version, use some almond milk or even curd if non-vegan version is being made)
1 tbsp mint chutney
- Mix the first 3 ingredients well.
- Add the paprika, salt and garlic powder
- Add the mint chutney and oil and whisk well.
- Add the egg and continue to whisk nicely.
- Allow the dough to rest for an hour in the fridge.
- Roll it thin on a silicon mat or baking paper
- Cut it thin into strips with a pizza cutter.
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees C, for 10 minutes
- Bake at the same temperature until crisp, for around 10-12 minutes.
- Allow it to cool off completely and store in air tight container