This is for all those who are just beginning their journey in healthy baking – when I started doing it, my approach was always to first work with the classic bakes ( I still do that often) and make it healthy 1-ingredient at a time, slowly. So here’s one of the classics with healthier components.
After working on classic bakes, move to more complex/unique flavour combinations 🙂 It always works !
So here are my Wholewheat-Cane Sugar Fudgy Brownies – It will help you discover how something as melt-in-the-mouth fudgy as this also can be made of Wholewheat and Cane Sugar 🙂
150 grams of butter, melted
1 1/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup wholewheat flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre heat the oven at 160 degrees Celsius and prepare the brownie tray.
- Whisk the melted butter and cane sugar well.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix nicely.
- Add the extract.
- Add 1 egg at a time and whisk well till both are mixed well.
- Add the flour slowly in 2 parts and mix slowly, but well.
- Spread it into the brownie tray evenly.
- Bake it at 160 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean or slightly moist.
- Cool it off and slice it into squares
My Tip: You won’t know its wholewheat and cane sugar ! So delicious stuff can be made of healthy things 🙂
Also shared at –