For a person who is now known to be a healthy baker for the past few years, cooking and baking were not part of my childhood. As I have often shared, I discovered how to cook only when I stayed alone in Mumbai during 2007-2008. And baking a couple of years later than that.
But the one thing that came naturally was managing time and being super organized. And so in this amazing initiative #CookHealthyMealsEveryDay by What Parents Ask, in partnership with Dr Debmita who is a well known parenting and wellness consultant, I got a chance to bring together these different aspects of me – the healthy baker, the busy Mom of 2 small children, the person who likes to be organized and yet creative.
Together Dr Dutta and I have come up with a menu that makes your time in the kitchen not only efficient but also quick, without any compromises being made to nutrition. Have a look at the detailed meal plan for Monday, along with the 6 recipes that we would love for you to try and share with us – Monday Menu
Baked Lentils Casserole
Spring onions finely chopped – 1 cup
Grated carrots – 2
Spinach finely chopped – 2-3 leaves
Mixed soaked lentils use for lunch = 1 1/2 cups
Olive oil – 2-3 tbsp
Grated cheese- 1 cup
Chives – 1 tbsp, Thyme – 1 tsp
, Water – 2-3 cups
Garlic – 2-3 cloves crushed
Salt and black pepper as per taste,
Cream.- ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Grease and prepare a baking dish.
- Sauté the onions, carrots and spinach.
- Shift into the baking dish.
- In 1 tbsp of oil, add the dry spices. Cook for a few seconds and then add the lentils.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then add water, let the lentils cook a bit and then transfer to the baking dish.
- Add the cream and then mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add cheese on top and then bake for another 15 more minutes or so. Remove from the oven, cover and keep until you want to serve it.
Link – https://whatparentsask.com/meal-plan-for-monday-healthy-easy-and-tasty/