A bit about why I took the picture the way I did – with my little girl’s hands with mine under. To remind myself that when it comes to health, there are some things that I will always speak to her about so that she doesn’t make the same mistakes I did.
- That when we are tired we must accept it within ourselves and break myths that exist about being ‘superwomen’. Driving ourselves to become perfect in every role might make people call us that, but the first thing that gets hit is our health. And that is too heavy a price to pay in the long-run.
- That when we want help we must not shy away from asking for it. And actively seeking it. And in the same vein, actively listen to see if any other woman is trying to convey to us that she needs our help. Verbalizing our needs does not weaken us, it empowers us.
- That we are not competing with anyone – in the race to becoming the best mother, business woman, professional, leader…anything. And if it seems to be turning into a race, have the courage to break away from it and re-focus – back on your own well-being.
Meanwhile go ahead and try this amazing recipe out!
Wholewheat Jowar Chocolate Cookies with Pumpkin Seeds recipe
1 cup wholewheat flour
1/2 cup jowar flour
3/4 cup unrefined country sugar
1/2 cup softened softened butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Pumpkin seeds ( as per your preference)
Measure: 1 cup = 240 ml
- Cream the butter and unrefined country sugar well until it is mixed thoroughly.
- Whisk the two flours together.
- Add the flour mix slowly into the mix and you can mix with the beater or with your fingers. Please do not knead the dough.
- Add the cocoa powder. The cookie dough will start coming together as you mix.
- If it is crumbly you can either add 1-2 tbsp of milk or ghee/clarified butter.
- Add the pumpkin seeds into the dough,
- Shape the dough into rectangular logs.
- Allow the dough to rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Take it out before baking. Use a sharp knife to cut it. Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until it becomes hard around the sides. The rest will firm up once it cools off entirely.
- Cool and store in air tight container.